We’re Celebrating October with a Pumpkin Carving Contest
It’s finally October, and that means that it’s time to break out all of your spooky decorations and your yearly pumpkin carving skills!
Crown at home is kicking off this spooky month with a pumpkin carving contest!
With three different categories, there are multiple ways to win!
- Traditional Carving
- Disney Themed
There will also be one Grand Prize Winner!
All of the prizes are goodies from Roselle’s Main Street Merchants, which we will announce on the Crown at Home Facebook Page, so stay connected to see what you can win!
How to Enter:
- Like the Crown at Home Facebook Page
- Send your entry on the Crown at Home Facebook Messenger or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be announced on Oct 26th.
Official Rules for Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Eligibility: The Crown at Home Pumpkin Carving Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals residing in the United States. Employees of the Crown Coverings Inc. or other companies associated with the Contest (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By submitting an entry in the Contest, Entrant agrees to his/her full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Entry Period: The Contest will begin on October 2, 2020 and end on October 25, 2020 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by October 25, 2020.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, entrants must submit their photographs online via email email@example.com. Entries may also be sent through Crown at Home’s Messenger on Facebook. Entrants must also like the Crown at Home Facebook Page during the contest period to be selected. Entrants are allowed one entry per person. Any act to subvert the entry process in the Contest is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- Photographs must be a single work of original material taken by the Entrant.
- Photographs may not include individuals who are minors.
- By entering the Contest, the Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person’s art.
- All submissions to the Contest remain the property of the Entrant; however, as a condition of entering the contest the Entrant grants to Crown Coverings Inc. a perpetual, royalty-free, fully transferable, unconditional, non-exclusive, worldwide right to reproduce any submission an unlimited number of times in any and all media for any editorial, commercial, promotional, or trade purposes.
- Winner Selection: The winner will be determined by a juried selection of the Crown Coverings Inc. team on October 25, 2020. The entries receiving the three highest vote counts will be awarded prizes in the following categories: traditional carving, Disney, and Creative. A grand prize winner will also be selected at this time.
- Notification and Requirements of Contest Winners: An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules. Potential winners will be notified by email or phone. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the notification within five (5) days after Sponsor sent the notification or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from the results of the judging. By participating, each winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to announce his/her name on the Sponsor’s Website as a winner and to use his/her name, city, photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, judge entries from all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors/trustees, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost, if any, of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Permissions and Rights Granted By submitting photographs (works) to Crown Coverings Inc. and Crown at Home you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You retain the copyright to all work(s) submitted to the National Trust.
- You grant to Crown Coverings Inc. a perpetual, royalty-free, fully transferable, unconditional, non-exclusive, worldwide right to reproduce the work(s) an unlimited number of times in any and all media for any editorial, commercial, promotional, or trade purposes.
- You hereby waive your right to inspect or approve any copy that is used in connection with the work(s) in any existing or subsequently developed medium, and you agree to release and discharge Crown Coverings Inc., including its affiliates and licensees, from any and all claims arising out of such use for the purposes described above, including any claims for libel and invasion of privacy.
- You represent and warrant that: a. you are the sole owner of, or otherwise have the authority to grant, all rights herein granted to Crown Coverings Inc.; and b. work(s) submitted does not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, violate any right of privacy, or contain libelous, scandalous, or unlawful material.
You agree that you have read the foregoing, fully understand its contents, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.